Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dear Mel .... I Accept

Dear Mel, I Accept .... You offer, so eloquently, to help care for my sons when I am gone; I Accept. You offer to put your hands on their shoulders, to remind them how much their father loves them and his spirit dwells within them still; I Accept. You offer to include them in your activities, to keep them growing in mind, body and spirit; I Accept.

Dear Cindy .... You offer to watch for my youngest son as his Sunday teacher; I Accept. I know you will care for my boys' spiritual growth, help guide them to Christ and baptism. I pray every day for my boys' relationship with Christ. For all you offer and will try to do; I Accept.

Dear Trish and Dan .... You offer to encourage my youngest son as he participates in MYF church group; to help him be a part of this wonderful group of high schoolers; to make friends, have fun and live life; I Accept.

Dear Deb .... You offer to guide my son to develop his skill in piano, to nurture his love for music and this instrument, to patiently and gently take him to the height his talent will allow; I Accept.

Dear Terry, Randy, Rhonda .... You offer to be faithful uncles and aunt, to include them with love into your families; I Accept.

Dear Curt and Scot .... You offer to find time and take my sons on outdoor activities which their father always meant to do, but somehow never found the time; I Accept.

To My Family in India .... You offer limitless love, care, and support in such a wonderful way that it goes without speaking; I Accept.

To ALL .... who offer to care for my sons in whatever manner you can; I Accept.

I Accept, with a grateful heart

I Accept, with loving memories
I Accept, with tears in my eyes

8 comments:

Sonia Springer said...

Brent, while you do not know me, now I you, you and your family are in my prayers.
Sonia Springer, new attendee at FMC

christo said...

Dear Brent
As we are so far away all I can wish is if ever there is a way in which we can be of any help you know you can count on us.So can your family. I always think of our friendship as one of the highlights of my life as we are friends unrelated to our businesses or professions and that is the best part of it. I am sure God will always show the right way when the going is difficult.
Love and prayers.
Christo

Unknown said...

Respected Sir,
Mine and my family's prayers will always be with you and your family.From my personel experiace I feel that He will find a way out

P.S.Sidharthan
IP Cell
Mahyco Research Centre

Unknown said...

Respected Sir,

The brave/the courage that you are showing during your illness is mind glowing/inspiratory and self explanatory. There are very few like you.Sir we all are with you during these days ..

Sincerely yours
Deshpande YD
Datir MS
Naphade PV

Narendran said...

Respected Dr. Brent,
You may live longer and these things are decided by God. It is also possible that as a gardener very carefully plucks the very best flower in his garden to decorate his house, God plucks the very best person to be with him in "his house". You have been a great inspiration for me as a scientist and now the level of faith in God which you have been showing. Always you are in our hearts. May god give strength to you and your family to overcome this difficult time.
Narendran & family

Sandeep Agrawal said...

hello,
may the divine give you courage peace and strength to overcome the difficult time you going through.
with regards
sandeep agrawal

Unknown said...

Dear Brent,

I have not had an opportunity to visit or talk to you in quite a few years since you moved to India, as Pam and I live in Iowa. I was always impressed by you, your parents, and your brothers and sister as strong Christians and friendly people who were always available to help others. Your testimony in this blog continues that tradition as you maintain your testimony and faith in Christ, despite being in such difficult and seemingly unfair circumstances. It is also encouraging that you obviously have such love for your wife and children and want to ensure that they have a good future and good remembrances.

I don't believe we will have an opportunity to see each other again in person, but I will miss the opportunity to talk about plant breeding and running a seed company. We recently had a joy in our family, as our son Matthew is to be married to Samantha Mather on November 11, 2007. Instead of a plant breeder Matt became a banker.

Pam and I extend our prayers for comfort for you and your family and that God would bless your family in ways only he can.

Bob and Pam Miller

Eric and Sonia said...

Brent,
My wife Sonia Springer shared earlier in a blog. I also want to let you know you and your family are in our prayers. A couple weeks ago we heard you stand up and share, I have to admit I was deeply touched by the words you shared and I shed some tears. You are truly an inspiration. I have enjoyed playing frisbee football with Ben and Usha. What a wonderful family you have. You are a great inspiration and a person who has touched so many lives. God bless you, we are thinking and praying for God to bring comfort to you in these tough times.

Eric Springer, new attendee at FMC