Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Poem About LIFE

This poem was shared with me by a dear friend. It was written by Edith-Marie Appleton (1919-1991), and published in "Miss Edie's Poems" (2000).

"LIFE ?"

I can't understand Life,
It's big, and yet it's small,
Sometimes I think I know it,
But I really don't know at all.
I can't even comprehend,
What is good or bad,
And things that make me happy,
Have also made me sad.
I can't express my feelings,
When I see the sky above,
It always makes me wonder,
And makes me want to love.
I wonder if I'll ever,
In my lifetime comprehend,
This mystery that awes me,
And seems to have no end.
Perhaps when I have left,
This world of sin and strife,
Then and only then,
Shall I understand ... LIFE !

1 comment:

Mike said...

Thank you for this poem on life! And the LIFE you give... and give rise to.